"We all, with unveiled face beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit." 2 Cor. 3:18

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Self-Interest, or An Appropriate Priority?

Genesis 30:30 stood out to me today,

"You had little indeed before I came, and your wealth has increased enormously.  The Lord has blessed you from everything I do!  But now, what about me?  When should I provide for my own family?"

There is a time and a place for everything, and caring for one's family is an appropriate priority!  There are times when we need to "unhitch our wagon" from others, because God desires to do something unique and special in us individually.  And, we can't experience that divinely appointed work until we disassociate from whomever we're attached to.  Attachment has its time and place.  But, knowing when to move on requires discernment and wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment