"We all, with unveiled face beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit." 2 Cor. 3:18

Sunday, January 5, 2014

In today's One Year Bible reading, Genesis 11:31 stood out to me,

"Terah took his son Abram, his daughter-in-law Sarai, and his grandson Lot and left Ur of the Chaldeans to go to the land of Canaan.  But he stopped instead at the village of Haran and settled there."

May 2014 not be a year of settling!  May we never stop short of what God has for us!  It was probably some 50 years later (after Terah died) that God called Abram to complete the journey to Canaan (Gen. 12).  That's way too long to be in a wrong place!

1 comment:

  1. "God blesses those who work for peace, for they will be called the children of God."

    This reminds me of the sermon yesterday. It is a difficult thing to strive for peace everyday. The desire is there, but sometimes the circumstances get in the way. Each day, I hope to be called a child of God, but on the majority of days, I hope for grace as I grow into a person who works for peace.

    Psalm 5
    1 O Lord, hear me as I pray;
    pay attention to my groaning.
    2 Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God,
    for I pray to no one but you.
    3 Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord.
    Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly.

    Thanks for today. This is going to be the year that we complete our journey, or at least make strides towards it… i hope.

    ReplyDelete