"We all, with unveiled face beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit." 2 Cor. 3:18

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Reflected Beauty



 Today my daughters, Amanda and Aubrey, went up to Pismo to explore and take pictures of the wildflowers.  I was impressed both with the beauty of God's creation and Amanda's photography skills which far exceed mine.  Amanda definitely has the "photographic eye."  She sees life in things that I would consider dead or plain.  And, she has an amazing ability to spotlight this beauty, juxtaposing it against all the other mundane objects that consume my vision.  

I have no idea what this flower or weed is called, but it struck a chord with me, and stood out from the other pictures. Yesterday I started this blog titled, "With Unveiled Face."  Today, it was like God said to me, "Here's your visual of 2 Corinthians 3:18.  You're like that flower, that weed - ordinary and plain, until the light of My glory shines upon you! Until you radiate the warmth and majesty of your Creator."

Thank you God for speaking through Your Creation.  Thank you for three beautiful daughters and a gorgeous wife who daily remind me of Your goodness and lavish love.  Thank you that these wonderful women are humble and not consumed with their own beauty.  And, thank you that they make everything around them radiant - including me!

1 comment: